Click here for Rolex timepieces currently for sale.
Second only to Patek Philippe in fascination to the collector of vintage wristwatches is the name of Rolex. According to a reliable source, the name is short for "horlogerie exquise"; it was registered by the German Hans Wilsdorf in 1908. The Rolex name is linked with the waterproof wristwatch, which was put on the market in 1927 under the name "Oyster." Rolex sport wristwatches of the 1950s through 1970s highly sought after by collectors are such models as the Rolex Submariner 5513, Seadweller 1665, Explorer Orange Hand 1655, Rolex Daytona 6239, 6262, 6240, 6265, 6263, Bubble-Back and Rolex Prince. The highest values for Rolex wristwatches are realized when the condition is 80% or better and they are 100% original including the dial. Also adding value are unusual dial variations such as the underline dial of first generation Submariner 5513 watches or the Paul Newman dial of the Rolex Daytona 6239. The famous Double Red Sea Dweller 1665 or the Rolex Red Submariner 1680 are other examples. Finally, all Rolex wristwatches with original box and papers command a higher price as well due to the rarity of such items.
- Select "Latest Additions" for our most recent vintage watch additions.
- Select "Advanced Search" to further narrow your vintage watch search.
- All vintage watches timed, detailed and ready to wear.
- Satisfaction guaranteed - 5 Day unconditional return policy.
- Click on watch picture for larger picture.